Here at Watersol, we have been working closely with a specialist manufacturer, having designed a supplied thousands of systems. Rainwater Harvesting is really the rather simple science of collecting and managing rainwater from roofs.
Considerations for fitting a rainwater collection system to an existing property
- The external drainage from the roof needs to be modified to bring the water to a central point being the Rainstore tank.
- Access for the Rainstore tank and excavation is required.
- Internal plumbing is usually required to be separate out from the normal water supply. Reasons to install a Rainstore rainwater harvesting system
- Rainwater harvesting (including rainwater recycling and some versions of grey water recycling) displaces a large proportion of the water that would otherwise be provided by the mains supply – thus reducing overall water supply costs. • It can provide an off-mains supply for remote areas.
- It enhances a property and can completely satisfy the water requirements of the various levels of the Code for Sustainable Homes.
- It can form part of an attenuation and rainwater management scheme, by reducing storm-water runoff and controlling the flow-rate off site.